Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 3...

Well, today we got to back to the GFC house for a coffee ceremony which I chose not to partake of. I instead ran upstairs to play with all the babies!! These are seriously THE cutest babies in the entire world :) (I think that was my favorite part of the WHOLE trip :) We were probably there about three hours but it did not seem long enough. We got to meet the twinettes wonderful caregiver Misrak Misrak and Workanesh ( their other caregiver) This is the part where you cry... The most emotional part besides the meeting with their birthmother was meeting with their caregiver. She has taken care of them since they were 3 months old and she might not ever see 'her babies' again. Next we were off to our embassy appointment! It was so fast! I felt bad for the people in front of us going into the embassy because they had just finished their appt. and were going back to get their ipods and camera. ( You can't bring electronics in there.) Well, the guy at the desk couldn't find them!! The lady was getting pretty upset and finally she saw it up in one of the little locker things WAY in the back. So, it is better not even to bring anything electronic in there if you want to see it again! After that, we went out to lunch at 'The Zebra Grill'... this retaraunt was really cool looking inside and out....a bit of advice though, don't order fish! Then we were off to Kaldi! ( Starbucks) We were all gonna get ice cream because it was like superly hot. I went up to the counter to order and the girl didn't speak English very well and I didn't speak Amharic very well so I don't really know what she thought. I thought I ordered coffee flavored ice cream but instead she brought me this cappuccino thing that was SO good. A pretty nice misunderstanding. Next we went to Kebebe Tsehay ( my second favorite part of the trip) and we got to give out lollypops to all the kids! (I wish I could post pictures of them but considering they are orphans I don't want to upset the ET govt. escpecially since we are hoping to be able to adopt a girl that we met at Kebebe Tsehay! We only have 2 and a half months to go out of our 6 month wait and then we can start our paperwork again! Please pray that this works out.) We then came back to our hotel and ordered room service for dinner.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a great day! Can't wait to hear more.... and more about this new adoption (although I'm guessing you can't share details for a while)!!

Nikki

Beth said...

Hi Ellie! Nice to read some more about your trip. Guess you've been a little busy lately...
:-)

Teabo Chica said...

Sweet Ellie,
I read your moms post and now yours and I am not surprised that you are of the same family! What a beutiful heart you have after Christ, you are wise beyond your years, and the Lord is using your words to inspire. Keep it up girl! I dont know any other 14 year old like you. What a breath of fresh air!

DragonRider said...

we are adopting twins from haiti and i was there twice this summer.

los cazadores said...

LOVE the pics and narrative!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

What awesome experiences.