Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 2 ( Finally!! )

Today we met the girls and they are absolutely gorgeous!! I love them to pieces! We told Josiah that we were going to go get Selam and Fikir and he jumped and said in his squeaky little voice " Selam-Fikir???" (one word to him :) He then ran to get his little backpack and tried to open the hotel door to go get them. It was precious. We drove up to the foster house and they made us wait about 15 minutes to meet them because they were still eating upstairs. Josiah had fallen asleep on the sofa in the 'waiting room' and was very excited to see his sisters when he woke up. Keren acted as if she'd known us forever but Keziah, sheesh. It was pretty funny because we thought she was smiling at us. Turns out it was a 'pre-cry smile' followed by a wail. The caregiver took her back for a minute and calmed her down for us, ever since then she has been the happiest, smiliest little girl you ever did see. After the meeting, we got to go upstairs and see all of the precious babies!! Oh my goodness, they are all soooooo cute!! I wish I could move to Ethiopia and just work in the baby house, or in any of the orphanages for that matter... in fact, maybe I will :) It was awesome and I got to hold tons of precious little ones that I hope will be referred to you all soon! Afterwards, we went to this Italian place and had some weird pizza (pita bread with salami) and headed back to the hotel to rest and hang out with the new babies! A few hours later we went to the older kids foster house and what an emotional time that was! Josiah best friend, Nati, came running up to us and hugged Josiah and they walked around with their arms around each other. After a few minutes of being there, Josiah decide he did not want to be there anymore. I think he thought we were going to leave him so he burst into tears. Poor baby! If only you knew how much we went through to get you! There is NO way we are gonna leave you anywhere :) We then went to Layla House to see the Falchooks kids! It was an amazing time. We were absolutely exhausted so we ate at he Hilton and went to bed early...or late for us. I actually adjusted to the time really well going there and coming home. I just got really sick. I think my immune system freaked. My first time out of the country except Canada AND Texas :) which don't exactly count, I go to Africa. It definitely freaked. We are all healthy now though, for a while hopefully. That is one of the pains of big families. You start the cold and get healthy while it goes around to everyone and then you get it again!! The never ending circle of sickness. Ahh, oh well, there are more joys than pains so we shall continue to be sick... its worth it! Merry CHRISTmas to all!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds so much fun! I totally share your dream about wanting to go work in an orphanage. That would be amazing...

Nikki

Ellie said...

Well, c'mon Nikki let's go! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how you knew it was pizza...:)

Is Eight Enough? said...

You have such a baautiful family and you are a talented blogger!!! I love to read of your journey! God is truly faithful. We are waiting for 2 little girls to add to our six boys!

Anna Taylor said...

I share your and Nikki dream too!! It would be so cool to work in an orphanage in Ethiopia!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for finaly posting! O and you can put down one more to help :-)

Enjoying Life Together said...

Ellie, you made me smile when you refered to TEXAS as another COUNRTY! Happy 2008! ~Mrs. Freeland (a proud TEXAN who happens to be living in NC now!)

Anonymous said...

Awesome slide show Ellie, love it!